ReNatura® Butterfly oasis 0.275 kg
The ReNatura® butterfly oasis mixture serves as a food source for a great variety of butterflies and moths and for their caterpillars as a natural nursery. Many of the flowers are visited by a wide variety of butterflies and other beneficial insects, which enjoy the energy-rich nectar and pollen. Due to the abundance of nectar, the Butterfly Oasis is also a popular place for bees, bumblebees and other insects to visit. In addition to suitable nectar plants, this mixture also provides an appropriate habitat for caterpillars. Some butterflies require specific host plants to successfully produce offspring. For example, marigolds serves as vital host plant to the caterpillars of the peacock butterfly and zinnias to those of the admiral butterfly. By sowing the butterfly oasis mixture, you create a refuge for moths and butterflies – a rarity in our times – that will last for years.
The ReNatura® butterfly oasis mixture contains over 20 species of nectar-rich flowering plants that serve as a source of food and a nursery for butterflies.
The species in the mixture include:
- Carthusian pink (Dianthus carthusianorum)
- Great globe-thistle (Echinops sphaerocephalus)
- Wild perennial lupin (Lupinus perennis)
- Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare)
- Common mallow (Malva sylvestris)
- French marigold (Tagetes patula)
- Evening primrose (Oenothera biennis)
- Sweet alyssum (Alyssum maritimum)
- Field eryngo (Eryngium campestre)
Includes coir pith granules to help ensure a uniform distribution of the seed when broadcasting by hand.
Bundle: 0.275 kg pouch
Art.-No.: 68222 (SU 12)
Category: Flower mixtures
- Sowing and fertilising instructionsSowing period:
2-3 weeksFlowering season:
up to ca. 80 cmReach: